The WildCat Saloon Mint Julep is a classic cocktail that’s popular during the Kentucky Derby and other summer events. To make a perfect Mint Julep, follow these steps:
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Place mint leaves and simple syrup in a Julep cup or glass.
- Use a muddler to gently crush the mint leaves and release their flavor.
- Add crushed ice to the cup, filling it about two-thirds of the way.
- Pour the bourbon over the ice.
- Stir the mixture until the outside of the cup feels frosty.
- Add more crushed ice to fill the cup to the top.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
- Enjoy your perfect Mint Julep!
Note: You can also use a shaker to mix the ingredients, but traditionally, a Julep cup is used for serving. It’s also important to use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.